Policy for Use of G.A.R.
Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Hall is an historic building owned and operated by HGAC, Inc.,
the nonprofit Historic
Preservation Society of Gettysburg-Adams County.
The Civil War memorabilia and artifacts within the building are owned
and displayed by the Sons of Union Veterans (SUV).
All users of the G.A.R. Hall are responsible
for ensuring that the building
and all artifacts remain secure and unmolested.
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. All users must complete an “Application for Use of G.A. R. Hall."
2. Fee: $150.00 per day. Includes the use of the upper main hall, kitchen, and
restroom. Additionally, a deposit of $100.00 will be charged for any event that involves food or drink. The deposit will be
returned following an acceptable inspection of the building by an HGAC representative. The lower assembly area and restrooms
may be reserved for an additional fee of $75.00. Please
have all participants remain upstairs unless the lower level has been reserved.
3. Rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition. All furniture must be
returned to original placement.
user is responsible for any damages. Damage/ spills/ other issues must be reported to HGAC within 24 hours following
the event. If custodial work is required, the user will be responsible for the cost at a fee of $25.00 per hour.
Repairs or replacement due to damages will be reimbursed
to HGAC by the renter at cost.
5. No cooking is permitted
in the building unless prior approval has been given by HGAC.
event generates any type of waste (trash), user must take it with them for disposal.
events must terminate by 11:00 PM and the
facility vacated by 11:15 PM unless special
permission has been given by HGAC.
and air conditioning levels in main hall may be adjusted for comfort. Please return the thermostats to the pre-use settings
upon the conclusion of your event.
and fans must be turned off and all doors locked upon leaving.
10. Parking is permitted in the rear of the building only in spaces marked specifically for HGAC
and only during reserved times specified in the Application for Use of G.A.R. Hall.
11. No HGAC or SUV property may be removed from the premises.
12. Use of HGAC owned equipment (sound system, microphone, etc.) is not allowed without prior permission from HGAC.
Children must be supervised at all times.
Smoking is not permitted inside the building.
A file of every authorized user will be maintained by HGAC.
A log of all key assignments, including the number on each
key, will be maintained by HGAC. Keys may not be duplicated. The user is responsible for lost or stolen keys and
will incur a cost of $300.00 for re-keying the lock system if a key is not returned to HGAC.
17. If a use is canceled or a contact person is changed, HGAC must be notified immediately. Notice
of cancellation of use must be received by HGAC no less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to reserved day and time of use. Cancellation
of use within forty-eight (48) hours prior to reserved day and time of use will result in the forfeiture of the fee.
Deposits paid in advance will be returned upon notification of cancellation.
18. HGAC reserves the right to terminate use privilege at any time.
19. HGAC will not be responsible for loss of property or injury due to user negligence.