Policy for Use of G.A.R.
East Middle Street
Gettysburg, PA 17525
The Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Hall is an historic building owned and operated by HGAC, Inc.,
Historic Preservation Society of Gettysburg-Adams County.
The Civil War memorabilia and artifacts within the building are owned
and displayed by the Sons of
Union Veterans (SUV).
All users of the G.A.R. Hall are responsible for ensuring that the building
and all artifacts remain secure and unmolested.
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. All users must complete an “Application for Use of G.A. R. Hall."
2. Fee: $150.00
per day. Includes the use of the upper main hall, kitchen, and restroom. Additionally, a deposit of $100.00
will be charged for any event that involves food or drink. The deposit will be returned following an acceptable inspection
of the building by an HGAC representative. The lower assembly area and restrooms may be reserved for an additional fee of $75.00. Please have
all participants remain upstairs unless the lower level has been reserved.
3. Rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition. All furniture must be returned
to original placement.
4. The user is responsible for any damages. Damage/ spills/ other
issues must be reported to HGAC within 24 hours following the event. If custodial work is required, the
user will be responsible for the cost at a fee of $25.00 per hour. Repairs or replacement due to damages will be reimbursed to HGAC by the renter at cost.
5. No cooking is permitted in the building unless prior approval has been given by HGAC.
6. If event generates any type of waste (trash), user must take it with them for disposal.
7. All events must terminate by 11:00
PM and the facility vacated by 11:15 PM unless special permission has been given by HGAC.
8. Heat and air conditioning levels in main hall may be adjusted for comfort.
Please return the thermostats to the pre-use settings upon the conclusion of your event.
9. Lights and fans must be turned off and all doors locked upon leaving.
10. Parking is permitted in the rear of the building only in spaces marked specifically for HGAC
and only during reserved times specified in the Application for Use of G.A.R. Hall.
11. No HGAC or SUV property may be removed from the premises.
12. Use of HGAC owned equipment (sound
system, microphone, etc.) is not allowed without prior permission from HGAC.
13. Children must be supervised at all times.
14. Smoking is
not permitted inside the building.
15. A file of every
authorized user will be maintained by HGAC.
16. A log of all
key assignments, including the number on each key, will be maintained by HGAC. Keys may not be duplicated.
The user is responsible for lost or stolen keys and will incur a cost of $300.00 for re-keying the lock system if a
key is not returned to HGAC.
17. If a use is canceled or a contact person is changed, HGAC must be notified immediately.
Notice of cancellation of use must be received by HGAC no less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to reserved day and
time of use. Cancellation of use within forty-eight (48) hours prior to reserved day and time of use will
result in the forfeiture of the fee. Deposits paid in advance will be returned upon notification of cancellation.
18. HGAC reserves the right to terminate use privilege at any time.
19. HGAC will not be responsible for loss of property or injury due to user negligence.